Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Little Rocking Chair for My Boys

I bought this little rocking chair for my boys a couple of years ago at a flea market.



As you can see, it wasn't that pretty. My goal was to sand it down and paint it up, but I never got around to it until now. Tristan is now six and Lance will be turning three soon, and they both won't sit in that "ugly" chair. I want them to enjoy it while they can before it's too small for them. So over the weekend I bought blue spray paint and painted the chair. I also purchased online a sheet of vintage style decals to apply on it.

Well, here it is.







Now they say it looks cool, and they like the little decals on it. I'm undecided if I want to sand it down a bit to give it a worn look. But in the meantime, I'm going to let them enjoy it.

Toodles.

3 comments:

A Southern Rose said...

It is adorable and you did a great job! I bought one a couple of weeks ago at a junk store and haven't gotten around to doing anything with it yet. I need to get busy!

Come by and sign up for my 1st giveaway!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Signing Out said...

What a precious rocking chair! What a transformation!

Jane

Ana said...

Hi Lisa,
The rocking chair turned out so cute...I'm so happy your boys like it now. Great job. Thank you for sharing and thank you for becoming a follower of A Petite Cottage. Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
♥Ana~A Petite Cottage