Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sneak Peek Project #5 Completed

This base went from this:

to this:







This is the fabric close up. I didn't notice the hanging thread until afterwards. It is now gone.

As I've mentioned before, my mom purchased this at a flea market. She actually purchased two for $8!! What a steal....ooops, deal. When she showed me them, I was thrilled. I knew immediately I wanted to cover mine with a rose fabric, but I wasn't entirely sure of the style. Then it hit me. Why keep it at one color? So I requested my mom to make a footstool slipcover. Yep, slipcover. One - footstools can get dirty if used often, two - slipcovers can be removed and washed, three - you can make different slipcovers with different colors and style. So off to work my mom and I went to make our footstools look fab! It took me close to an hour to paint, cut two wooden bases, and foam & cover our footstools. My mom took about two hours to cut and sew two slipcovers (one for her, one for me). Now that they are done, she's thinking of making another slipcover for me. She's thinking pleats. Go Mom!!

Well, I was going to post my next project today, but it's raining (and boy do we need it!!!). So I'm going to wait a couple of days to post it. The next project is so easy peasy that I will admit it'll take me less than one hour to complete it. I'm really excited to show this one off.

Until then, toodlepeeps.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Wow Lisa, beautiful transformation. You and your mom did an awesome job on the footstools. The fabric is so pretty. I can't wait to see your new project....I wish it would rain here! We need the rain too. Have a great Monday.

Hugs,
♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

Elise said...

Beautiful Lisa ! Well done. Enjoy the rest of Sunday