Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Halloween Crafts

So last week, the boys and I decided to do some Halloween crafts. I've never been a big fan of Halloween decorating, but this year I decided I'll try just a bit. Tiny steps.

The boys decided to create mini, black styrofoam spiders. The craft supplies included in this project were styrofoam balls, black spray paint, glue, black pipe cleaners, and wiggly eyes. All I did was spray painted the styrofoam balls black and cut the pipe cleaner to size. The rest was left for the boys. They glued on the eyes and attached the pipe cleaner legs to the styrofoam balls. This is what they created.





A very simple craft project that took us a total of 30 minutes. And they enjoyed it. This weekend, I'm going to hot glue them to my glass candy jar and hang them from my living room chandelier. I'll try to remember to post pics.

While they were creating spiders, I was in the backyard spray painting pumpkins and candeliers.


I saw these candeliers at Michaels and wanted them, but decided to hold off. I'm glad I did because I found them at Target for $2.50 each. Michaels wanted $4.99 each and they were black. I saved myself $5; HOWEVER, I did not like the color. So they rec'd a coat of black paint and voila!


Well, my spray painting didn't end there. I had two more things to spray paint. Check out these petit pumpkins.

I bought them at my local dollar store, Dollar Tree, for a buck each. Now, I've seen a lot of pink and creamy pumpkins floating around on many wonderful blogspots, so I decided I wanted some too. So I pulled out my handy dandy cream and pink spray paints and sprayed away. Here they are inside a glass cloche. Not so scary for Halloween, but hey, who said Halloween had to be creepy???


I'm not sure what other Halloween decor plans I might have, but this is just a start.

See you on Show & Tell Friday at Cindy's Romantic Home/

Until then,

Toodlepeeps.

2 comments:

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Hi Lisa: The boys look like they had much fun doing some crafts on the weekend. Their spiders are adorable! I really like your petite pumpkins - they looks so nice painted in shabby colours!

Debbiedoos said...

So very cute and clever. Your little guy was having fun. I love when my boys want to help craft too. THey love this time of year. Your pink pumpkin is adorable. Visiting from My romantic home.