Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of 1st Grade

Can you believe it's that time of year? It just feels like yesterday he graduated from Kindergarten. Boy, time does go by fast!! Lightening fast!!

Today was Tristan's first day of First Grade. He was so anxious to start school because he had to show off his cool, new backpack and light-up Marvel tennis shoes. He was a bit sad that he didn't have his Kindergarten buddies in the same class, but I reassured him that they would see each other during recess (he was so happy when they did get together). I, on the other hand, was internally crying up a storm. I mean even though these are precious moments, they are kinda sad....don't you think? Sniff sniff.





On the way home after dropping Tristan off, Lance and I went to the thrift store to buy a storage container for the millions of Legos all over on my family room floor. When we got home, it became storage of a different kind. Check it out!




Look at Buttercup's face! She has that look that says "help me, please". Lance loves her to death. He literally sleeps with her like a teddy bear. She doesn't mind most of the time because she loves to be held. She is precious and well loved by both the boys.

Well, I'm off to go and hug and kiss my boys and Butter goodnight.

By the way, I did manage to find some goodies at the thrift store, but I'll post those later.

Until then, Toodlepeeps.

3 comments:

A Southern Rose said...

They are adorable! All of them. I know that it is hard on that first day of first grade. I cried myself when each of my children started! I didn't let them know! Now, 2 of them are finished and one is in third grade. Time flies!


Oh and Buttercup is so cute. What you said about him was so funny! lol

Ana said...

Hi Lisa,
Even though my daughter is going into the 9th grade, the first day of school is still very emotional for me. It's a bitter/sweet feeling when I think that with every year that passes she is getting older and my baby is growing up. I totally get what you're going through. Hang in there. By the way your boys are so cute. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

I'll be doing the same this week taking my youngest to his new school for 1st grade. I'll come home to an empty house and not a cute pup like Butter and companion! Cute storage for Legos, maybe later when the fun of an empty container wares off.